Triumph/TR3A Projects:Some photos of a transmission rebuild


My transmission went out. I didn't rebuild it because I didn't have the time, but I got a few pictures of parts of the process.
Transmission removed Flywheel/clutch
from underneath
I had expected some tooth damage, because the starter sometimes disengaged prematurely.
Part of clutch
Clutch plate.. Showing wear.
I decide to replace it.
Gear damage. More gear damage.
And more damage.. The bearings.
I replace these since the transmission is open.
Less obvious tooth damage. The transmission cover.
Flywheel removed. It doesn't look like much,
but evidently these teeth are worn. I get a new flywheel, and the starter problems improve.
The transmission reassembled
but open.
Reinstalled in the car But with drive train
still detached (for easy testing)
From underneath.
Created with the tool album from David's MarginalHacks on Tue Jun 2 14:41:28 2015